Re: System integrity...

On Fri, Jun 18, 1999 at 10:13:34PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
<snip>

> I'm not tracking this proposal on the weekly policy summary because as far
> as I can see, it has nothing to do with policy per se, it's stricly a debian
> mirror thing.
>
> If people disagree with me on this, I'll be happy to track it.

Who is the best people to contact about this possibility then??

<snip>
> It's worth noting (as I have before) that Jim Dennis (some may know his from
> linux gazette as the "answer guy" was/is/may be working on something
> similar. His idea was to simply compare a debian cd against the install
> system, checking md5sums. It gains you about the same things.

Yes - but it would be best if the CD matched the ftp sites - which is how
it should be anyway....  And besides - we don't have CD's of the unstable
distribution.

Chris

       As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.
Reply with subject 'request key' for PGP public key.  KeyID 0xA9E087D5