ipx misconfigured (Was: ncpmount must be installed suid root)

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hello,
>
> before I post a bug report I'd like to ask a question here:
> Yesterday I upgraded to kernel-source-2.2.9-2.  I used my
> slink ncpmount successfully with this new kernel.  After
> upgrading to potato I've got
>
> ~> ncpmount -S mluphys2 -U tille /home/tille/.novell/N
> ncpmount must be installed suid root
>
> Also
> #> chmod +s /usr/bin/ncpumount
>
> doesn't change this situation.
>
> Did I something wrong or it is an packaging error?
I found a workaround:

    ipx_configure --auto_interface=on --auto_primary=on

as described in the ncpfs readme worked, but:
What has changed in the ipx interface that it doesn't work anymore
like in slink?  What do I have to do to get it working after reboot?

Kind regards

        Andreas.