Re: Official Debian digital 'branding' of debs

Hi,
>>"Nicolás" == Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@debian.org> writes:

 Nicolás>  If someone hacked where the sec-ring would be stored, he
 Nicolás> would be able to do anything to the distribution

        Not if the keyring had a detatched signature from the master key.

 Nicolás> anyway. There's always a single point of failure.

        Yes. But we can make the singke point f failure much, much,
 harder to exploit. And publicize that single point, and blast any
 compromise across the net.

        Just because there always is a single point of failure does
 not mean that all public key security is worthless, or that all
 schemes are equally insecure.

        manoj
--
 Proof techniques #1: Proof by Induction.  This technique is used on
 equations with "_n" in them.  Induction techniques are very