Re: [gnu.misc.discuss,gnu.emacs.gnus] Free software: Packagers vs Developers

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 02:14:33PM +0200, Per Abrahamsen wrote:
> A good guess would be that the users of the proprietary Unixen are
> more conservative, and therefore stick with Emacs.

Obviously Mr. Abrahamsen is capable of something other than a worst-case
interpretation of something he is unhappy with when it is his shoulders,
not someone's else's, that some responsibility may fall upon.

Is it really worth dealing with the djb's of the world?

I mean, everybody KNOWS I accepted maintainership of XFree86 for Debian to
simply screw people over (be they the upstream authors or our users).

If the upstream maintainers of XEmacs would really rather not any stupid,
malicious middlemen stand between them and their user base, maybe we should
indulge them.

Hmm.  And I always thought RMS was supposed to be the bad guy in the
GNU/Lucid split.  Maybe I need to revisit that interpretation.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |   You can have my PGP passphrase when you
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   pry it from my cold, dead brain.