Re: [NEW LIST] debian-release@lists.debian.org -- release mgmt

> >Now there is debian-testing, debian-qa, and debian-release...
> >
> >Is there anywhere a written policy which topics go in which list?
>
> No, there is only list charters.
>
> debian-testing for the testing group, and users interested in full
>   install testing
>
> debian-qa for the QA group
>
> debian-release for release coordination.
>
> So what's the problem?

I noticed that debian-testing is always very active, when a release is
upcoming (and that is good!). debian-release is by definition active in the
same period of time and there might be some overlap in the topic. But your
distinction makes sense.

--
Rainer Dorsch
Abt. Rechnerarchitektur  e-mail:rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de