Re: Intent to package: docbook-to-man-ans

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 04, 1999 at 03:15:43PM -0500, A. P. Harris wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 03, 1999 at 02:26:56PM -0500, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> > I was planning to package docbook2X which contains a docbook2texi as
> > well as a docbook2roff converter.  I'm wondering what the differences
> > between these two 'docbook2roff' converters are.  I though think we
> > can both continue to package.  If the need arises we can always pull
> > one of them back.
>
> I thought Fred Dalrymple was for DocBook 2.4.1 and used some non-free
> stuff called "inspect"?  Maybe I'm wrong.
>
> Please make sure the licensing was ok.  Last I checked, Fred's code
> had no license so wasn't free to redistributte.  My attempts to contact
> him failed.
>
> But I might be thinking of a totally different piece of software.

The docbook-to-man-ans package is also written by Fred
Dalrymple, with patches by David Bolen.  There is no
license file, but the terms are in the Makefile(s), so I
think it's free software.  A part of the software is the
program `instant', do you mean that?  I think the terms
are the same as with the rest of the software.

Bye,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>