Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 11:30:19PM +0200, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
> >
> > If your givaway is in the US, hand out the Crippled CDs, while proclaiming
> > statements like "you have a democratically elected government that makes
> > stupid laws". Otherwise, hand out the Fully Working CDs and just smile.
>
> But then you'd have to ask for i.d. (unless they are from a country
> which contributes heavily to the DNC).

Huh? It was my impression, that if you are in a country where computer
software cannot be patented, you are free to hand out free software that
is patented in another country to anybody that happens to walk by. If one
of those people would then ship that software to a country where that
software has been patented, it wouldn't be your responsibility, right?

Why would you have to ask for i.d.? And BTW, what is this DNC?

> > But IANAL, of course.
>
> IANAL either.  My son is, but if I asked him I might get an answer I
> wouldn't want to hear.

:-)

You might want to ask him anyway. Debian can always use some legal advise.

Remco
--
rd1936:  2:50am  up 18 days, 17:43,  8 users,  load average: 1.47, 1.35, 1.40