Re: Re: Pentium Optimized

I wrote it before in a mail to the mailing-list, that it would be useful to
have a source-only distribution that you can compile for any platform you
need.

My question is the possibility and if someone is interested in these
things and if someone is working on it.

Debian seems to me to be the right candidate for it, because the whole
source is freely available, no proprietary configuration tools like SuSE's
yast.

Benefit: you buy one set of CDs and can compile it (essential to me is
i486, i686, PowerPC (Mac)) everywhere.

What do you think??? - possible, needful,...

Thomas Kotzian

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net