Re: Pentium optimization

I don't know who wrote the suggestion that there should be a small binary
distribution and the rest source-distributed. However - I find it a very good
idea.
pro:
1) you have to install only a few binaries.
2) the rest of the system can be compiled from the sources and the generic
binaries can be replaced with the optimized ones.
3) you should be able to compile the whole system with a few commands for
any platform you like. Download the source-only distribution and then
download the few specific binaries for your system (ix86, PowerMac, Amiga,...).
You can build up your own system, for any platform.

We have the source of the complete operating system - why not use this
benefit to get the best of it and optimize everything you can!!!

Thomas Kotzian

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net