Re: On names of people (was: Re: Please check my translation)

> On Sat, Jul 10, 1999 at 07:26:33PM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> >
> > (Note that our friendly script handling the "who's behind Debian" web page
> > has screwed up sorting - Peter's name is at P, not K.)
> >
> The convention is to assume that last names are last, unless people
> report otherwise. Hopefully this will all be resolved when the
> Developer db is up and running (at least I hope that first and
> last names are handled separately).

Perhaps it would be better to treat the given and family names
separately?  After all, it is a eurocentric assumption that the family
name is last.

--
     Buddha Buck                      bmbuck@zaphid.dhis.edu
"Just as the strength of the Internet is chaos, so the strength of our