Request: Ticker-2-Mail

Given the growing numbers of ticker and news services, don't people think
it is time to establish a system that will convert the most recent items
into mail sending to the user?  One would then only have to add a cronjob
and read n more mails instead of leeching to all the news services.  The
mail should, of course, not contain the menues, buttons, ads etc., thus
lynx -dump is not the proper tool.

I read that portaloo is a beginning, however, it is web-based again.
Portaloo is http://www.linux.org.uk/cgi-bin/portaloo

Maybe there is already such a thing?

Regards,

	Joey

--
Unix is user friendly ...  It's just picky about its friends.