Re: XDMCP - Help!

MoiN

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Michael Beattie wrote:

> I have two Machines on a network. I want to be able to have the xdm
> chooser used on both machines' X servers, so I can choose where to login.

1. xdm must be started on both hosts, but it *mustn't* start any X server
   (/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers is empty but comments)

2. The X server must be startet via /etc/inittab with the option
   "-indirect `hostname`"

3. all hosts you want to login should be listed in /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess
   (or use the BROADCAST option)

> Can someone explain this to me? I am completely lost.

You can find some info about this in the man page for xdm (look for
chooser). This setup runs in our University very well.

    Ingo
--
  c.   Stimm gegen SPAM! Vote against SPAM! Votez contre le SPAM!
 (`)              Vota contro lo SPAM! Stem tegen SPAM!