Re: Release status

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Hartmut Koptein wrote:

> Sorry, but i don't understand the intention of some debian maintainers.
> Why not fixing bugs (any bug not only RCB) now and yet and not in 6 months ?

I'd be inclined to believe that the maintainer knows that there is a
freeze in the iminent future, and that that particular "feature" may be
quite complex. therefore, the maintainer might not have the time available
to rectify the problem satisfactorily before the freeze.

> Also: some maintainer forward a bug-report upstream and wait for the response
> from the upstream maintainer. This is ok, if the upstream maintainer
> generates a new package in one week, but this isn't very often so.
> So, please:
>
>   - if you get an bug report with an patch: update your package and upload
>     it in <= 2 weeks
>   - if you need help: please ask

This I would agree with though. The bugfix/patch should still be forwarded
upstream.

                     Michael Beattie (mike@omnic.dhis.org)

               Def: Password: The nonsense word taped to the CRT.