Re: Freeze Goals -- WAS: September release

> > Yes, the decisions is that we do this _before_ we go to frozen. Not during
> > the freeze time. I hope you understand why.
>
> I don't see that it's possible to that right now. Let's say that package
> X is a fairly new package with some pretty serious bugs. (It basically
> doesn't work.) Under the current structure, we have unstable, frozen,
> and stable. A broken package doesn't belong in stable, obviously, and we
> should kick it out of frozen if it doesn't look like it's fixable before
> release. But now you want to throw it out of unstable as well? We just
> don't have a mechanism for doing that. If you want to make a proposal,
> great. But I don't think that's something we can do this freeze.

Such packages goes directly from unstable to the new unstable (if we cannot
fix it). The point is: we knew these packages before we go to frozen, we
shouldn't do this during frozen.

Frozen is for the porters, autobuilders, boot-floppies and cd-image teams.
Not for fixing bugs.

Greetings,

   Hartmut