Re: Intent to package: devfsd

On Sun, Jul 18, 1999 at 03:05:14PM -0400, Elie Rosenblum wrote:

> BTW, I have a fixed patch for for drivers/block/md.c for the md.c
> from the new RAID driver (if anybody testing devfs is using the
> new RAID driver, ping me for this patch, since the devfs patch
> only works with the old RAID driver).

  This devfs looks like an interesting idea, i'd be happy to run some
tests with it and new RAID arrays.

  I'm planing on packaging the new RAID drivers as a kernel-patch package,
once I'll understand how the make-kpkg stuff works. If this md.c patch
doesn't break the RAID drivers on systems that don't use devfs, it might be
a good idea to include it.

  (I was going to package the drivers as kernel modules, but it seems
that they don't work with stock kernels)

--
// P.A. Knuutila / zur@edu.lahti.fi / pa@debian.org / GSM +358-503028233
// PGP fingerprint 363C ACE2 0A4F DE7E B67A 0223 C53B 932B / id E167BDD1