Mails vanish after upgrading to potato

Hello,

after happily setting up exim/fetchmail under slink (may be you remember
the problems I had last week) I updated to potato today.

Unfortunately I do now not get my mail on the local machine.
After calling fetchmail I get several messages:

reading message x of y (n header octets) (m body octets) . flushed

The messages are deleted from the mail host but my mailbox remains untouched
:-(.

I suspect that the reason is the moved spool file.

How to solve this problem?

Kind regards

        Andreas.