Re: ash vs. bash

On Tue, Jul 20, 1999 at 08:10:39AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

 >On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 00:28:02 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
 >
 >>Well, how much of the code is actually dedicated to the interactive stuff, ie
 >>how much would you save it was removed? I'd guess not a lot.
 >
 >    It is good to guess, isn't it?  I would guess it would be enough to make a
 >difference.  Now we're at a stalemate.  ;)

Stripping bash to the minimum reduces it to about 200Kb, while ash is
about 87Kb. A stripped-down bash may initialize itself a bit faster,
but it is still no faster than the stock one during execution.

bye
--
Carlo Strozzi       PGP Public Key fingerprint :
ED 4A 7A 6C 88 66 1B 34  06 14 FC 2E C7 EA F2 EE

Against software patents:
http://www.freepatents.org , http://no-patents.prosa.it