Re: ppp security problem?

Sorry to follow up my own post, but I thought I'd provide some more
info. Logins that were attempted with just "password" as the password
were working with the default options file. I uncommented the login
option and these logins now fail.

I'm not real concerned because I'm using ppp in an ssh tunnel to set up
a vpn. I suppose I'm relying on ssh when ppp could provide an additional
layer of security for opening the connection. It's a setup similar to
that described in the VPN mini HOWTO.

I would definitely investigate this problem more thoroughly if I had a
modem connection.