Re: Some free software is pure crap, just like proprietary.

On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 04:04:00PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
[..]
> Today, I tried to take advantage of Red Hat's generous offer to take my
> money in exchange for some "shares" in the company. I went to Jim Pick, my
> favorite non-us archiver, and got the latest versions of openssl and
> lynx-ssl, and installed them. I went to the URL provided by Red Hat,
> selected "logon", got another page with another login choice. When I make
> this choice lynx says it got an unexpected network message, and aborts the
> connection. Looks like I don't get to spend my money _again_!

I have this problem too actually with my bank's web services...

It says it's probably a server misconfiguration---so I let it go at that.
I'm now re-evaluating this.  What are the odds that two distinct servers
allow netscape through but won't allow lynx-ssl due to server
misconfiguration?  Sounds to me like lynx or openssl is broken.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>             Debian GNU/Linux developer
GnuPG: 2048g/3F9C2A43 - 20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3