Re: infomagic

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 04:26:53PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> Let me start by saying whoever told you this was POSSIBLE is on crack.

Literally?

> Why can we not release "soon"?
>
>   * Our boot disks don't work anymore

If they don't, we can just stick slink's boot disks back in. It wouldn't
be the end of the world.

>   * We need to fix the cdrom layout

Doesn't seem earth-shattering, either.

>   * Potato's perl is inconsistant, at best

A useful point!

>   * We have almost THREE HUNDRED release critical bugs that must be fixed
>     prior to release

Careful, you're getting hysterical. What debian release has _not_ had
release-critical bugs? (*cough* dpkg *cough*) Have you looked at the
list? There's some stuff in there that's arguable, some stuff that can
be easily fixed by dropping packages from the dist, and some that
frankly aren't likely to be fixed.

>   * The archive maintainers haven't had time to process the manual stuff
>     in incoming for what feels like ages but is probably more like a
>     couple of weeks

I haven't seen anyone asking for help, so this must not be a crisis,
either.

>   * dinstall seems to be broken/breaking
>   * Our mirrors are out of sync

One follows from the other. Did I miss the plea for help on this one?

>   * We need a reasonable testing period after we've fixed the above

Yay, someone else who's itching for a freeze! :-P

Mike Stone