Re: ITP exscan and penguineyes and RFP srp (New Intents added and old one revoked)

On 99-07-27 J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 15:44:05 +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
> > We already have a shell named lsh in the distribution, so this one
> > will need a different name.

> Perhaps "secsh" (the name used by the IETF working group that's working on
> the SSH2 protocols).

Temporary I renamd lsh to psst, which is also the name for the
mailinglist. But I contacted the author for a complete solution.

> > I urge you to contact Ray Dassen <jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl> before doing
> > anything with lsh, he's been following its development and as far as I
> > know plans to package it when it's ready.

> I'm quite short on time; I'd really appreciate it if someone else could
> package it; if I can help as a tester/second pair of eyes, let me know.

Ok, then I step forward an package it and maintain it. Everybody can
take a look at psst which is at the moment in incoming on non-us. Please
report any problems to me and I will try to fix them or get them fixed.

> Bazsi seems to be making progress towards interoperability with ssh2 (which
> doesn't follow the specs in some areas) in recent weeks, hopefully lsh will
> reach basic usability soon.

Yes, this would be very nice. At the moment I only tried generating a
key and this worked without any problem.

Cheers
       Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *