Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian and becoming a registered Debian developer

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu> writes:

> Don't think of it as a requirement, but an opportunity to distinguish
> yourself (it's not a big deal at that, just distinguished from those
> who have done nothing) and speed your application.
>    I was encouraged to see that a few people jumped at the opportunity
> when it was presented.

I heard that at some time people where needed to work on the bootdisk
package and everyone staing to work on that did get processed with
priority. The effect was that many people statet it and 2 actually did
any work.

Whats it worth to state something just to get maintainership quicker?

Also I could contribute to debian a lot just by recompiling packages
for m68k and Alpha. They both need more cpu power to keep up with the
i386 port, but without the ability to upload I can't. Does make me
anything special? Should my application be considered priority? I
don't think so and I don't think anybody elses should. Doing it as
they come in is the only fair method.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin