Re: Why is libgtk1.2-1.2.3-1 bloating dynamically linked binaries (was: Why is libc-2.1.*.so not stripped?)

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 02:42:21PM -0700, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>     Richard> I use Depends: lesstifg (= ${Source-Version}) in lesstif,
>     Richard> and it works fine.
>
> That's exactly what I have in my control file for libglib1.2-dev,

> Perhaps it's something to do with debhelper. Are you using debhelper
> at all? Is there any way I can get you to take a look at my
> debian/rules to see if I'm doing an improper dh_clean or something?

If you use shlibdeps with the -p option, you have to specify a matching
string:

dpkg-shlibdeps -pmypackage debian/tmp/usr/bin/*

Depends: mypackagename (= ${mypackage:Source-Version})

See also the generate debian/substvars file.

Gee, maintainers! Read TFMs :)

Marcus