Re: Policy for default mount points?

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 04:05:28PM +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> I would opt for /mnt/psion. The psion will be only mounted temporary,
> since its intended to be carried around, isn't it.

>From FHS 3.0

 3.7 /mnt : Mount point for temporarily mounted filesystems

 This directory is provided so that the system administrator may
 temporarily mount filesystems as needed. The content of this directory
 is a local issue and should not affect the manner in which any program
 is run.

 We recommend against the use of this directory by installation programs,
 and suggest that a suitable temporary directory not in use by the system
 should be used instead.

   "... memory leaks are quite acceptable in many applications ..."
    (Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)