Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

Hi,

 Justin> On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 07:34:06AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
 >> > A reboot IS necessary with the current toolbox, unless you can explain
 >> > to me how I would get into a root shell (even with sash installed).
 >>
 >> Open getty. Open network connection. Change root's shell to sash. (The
 >> latter is a local configuration issue--some people might not want remote
 >> root logins, others might not want sash as their shell.)

 Justin> OK, if roots shell gets switched to sash then yes, this works. I thought
 Justin> you were opposed to that, hence my comment above. I guess just a
 Justin> misunderstanding here.

        This is, strictly speaking, not necesary: Create another user
 (sashroot) with sash as a shell, and uid==gid==0. You can evben
 provide for a separate home dir so that none of the bashisms interfere.

        manoj
--
 Seeing your body as no better than an earthen pot, make war on Mara
 with the sword of wisdom, and setting up your mind as a fortress,