ITP: lithium

Sup guys...

I "intend to package" (or is it "intent to maintain"?) James C. Wilson's
program "lithium", written in GTK+. It will include the server management
daemon, the network control daemon, the centralized management client (gtk
frontend), and the common libraries. Doogie is currently maintaining it for
jcw and has already created the scripts and such. I have yet to get on the
irc and discuss my "taking over" lithium's debian development with both
doogie and jcw at the same time, but i shall as soon as i can.

The only catch: i have no idea where to start :). About 2 weeks ago, i went
to reinstall potato on my laptop (hint: on Friday 13th, i should have known
something would have gone wrong), and something went wrong. I havent had a
change to reinstall it or slink or anything since then, so i've been bored
and stuck in windows (not totally bored; i have q3test on our win32 pc
downstairs *grin*).

Soooooo... I wont actually be able to start maintaining it until i get a
working potato back up and running (Cant be that hard). I'd like to ask some
help from one of the developers out there with the general steps involved in
creating debian .debs from a program's source, newly untarred.

Thanks alot guys,
- webfreak