Re: sox without play ?

From: Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org>
Subject: Re: sox without play ?
Date: 24 Aug 1999 17:49:10 -0700

>     Kohda> I found there is no play command in sox. Is this bug of sox
>     Kohda> or something changed ?
>
>     Nicolas> You can install the bplay package.
>
> Why has this changed? 'play' from the sox package is depended upon by
> many programs I use. 'bplay' used to only be able to play .wav
> files; has this changed?

I try bplay with .au and it is really miserable quality.
But fortunately

From: Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 03:01:55 +0200

> Apparently it is a bug. It's reported and will be fixed.

Thanks. Then I will wait next release.

By the way, this is almost private mail but Hi Ben,
do you remember me ?

I sent you Japanese copyright files which will be translated
to English by you. As I am not Debian developer yet and perhaps
I can not become developer until potato freeze or release
so I am not in a hurry but how it is going ?

If there are any problems please let me know.

Best Regards,		1999.8.25

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>