Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

On 24-Aug-99, 01:46 (CDT), Marek Habersack <grendel@vip.net.pl> wrote:
> Come on! Will you spare a minute and actually read crond manpage? It says
> explicitly that crontabs are executed using /bin/sh UNLESS somebody
> modifies the environment. So what's the problem?

I've read it. I've even read the crond code. My problem is that *you*
threw out the statement "I tried it on my system, and it worked, so
it's ok to make Debian work like this." like it meant something, which
is what I objected to. Yes, other people in the thread made useful
arguments. Then you tried to make it sound like I was objecting to a
totally those arguments, rather than what you wrote. You're still trying
to do it. Own up to the fact that you said something stupid and go on.
Or just drop it. But as long you try to make it sound like I'm saying
something that I'm not and never did, I'm going to continue to piss and
moan about it.

Steve