Re: Release-critical Bugreport for August 27, 1999

On 1999/08/30, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 09:27:40PM +0200, Ruud de Rooij wrote:
> > So if there is no bug report against something, it works correct?
>
> If it does not, there should be a bug report.

That is not the same thing.  Of course there should be bug reports for
incorrect packages, but that does not mean one can conclude a package is
correct in the absence of bug reports.

[snip]

> > Why?  It's a bug that has not been fixed yet in your package in the released
> > version of Debian.  Why should it be reassigned from your package to some
> > pseudopackage?
>
> Because once I've fixed it in unstable, there's nothing I can do about it.
> Therefore it's no longer my bug report.

Of course it is your bug report.  You've done your part to fix it, but you
cannot deny that your package in the current stable version of debian has
that bug.  Therefore it should be in the bug tracking database listed under
that package.

> "Severity: fixed" is for NMU's.

Says who?

	- Ruud de Rooij.