Re: Release-critical Bugreport for August 27, 1999

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 09:39:42PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 10:40:31PM +0200, Ruud de Rooij wrote:
> > So?  This says severity fixed is "for bugs that are fixed but should not yet
> > be closed", and then lists one possible category of such bugs, namely those
> > that are fixed in NMU's.  The above wording certainly does NOT say that
> > severity fixed is for NMU's ONLY.
> My bug list is difficult enough to manage without people like you
> effectively insisting that bugs should remain open for months after they've
> been addressed.

The proper solution to this is probably to link up dinstall's knowledge
of what bugs were fixed in what update, and which updates are installed
in which distributions with the BTS knowledge of which bugs were reported
against which versions of the package. It's then fairly easy to make a
bunch of bug pages that report the current condition of stable or unstable
or whatever.

Darren Benham's currently working on moving the BTS to be based on
debbugs.deb, so hopefully we'll be able to start getting features and
stuff added to it again.

Cheers,
aj `cgi-scripts, daemons on sections, oh my...'

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds