Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP: grep-ja)

From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>
Subject: Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP: grep-ja)
Date: 31 Aug 1999 01:54:09 -0400

> > tcsh was soon adopt my proposal and now we can use tcsh-kanji
> > with KANJI support and recently xfig also became of I18N.
> > (To tell the truth, xfig was done mainly by Sano san :)
>
> > Note that tcsh is separated to tcsh for non multi-byte users and
> > tcsh-kanji for multi-byte users !!
>
> This is ok, I guess, but then the package name (tcsh-kanji) is wrong.

I am not a maintainer of tcsh but there is already tcsh-i18n
which contains international message catalogues.
And I am not so sure if tcsh-kanji can handle general multi-byte
language or only Japanese so I think tcsh-kanji is not so wrong.

> > On the other hands, I reported xearth to merge patch and lynx to
> > compile with --enable-nls option but it seems no response yet.
>
> You gotta be patient.

Yes I will be patient. And your comments are generally very
reasonable and encourage us lot, I think.

Best Regards,		   1999.9.1

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>