RE: Feaping Creature-ism in core Debian Packages

Title: RE: Feaping Creature-ism in core Debian Packages

> Don't get me wrong, I love perl since I first got perl-2 on a
> tape back
> in 1988 or so (no internet access in those days...). It's just that I
> didn't expect this much upheaval when perl changed from 5.004
> to 5.005.

Judging by the fact that Perl will now handle their version numbering
differently, so that the next iteration is Perl 5.6, you are not the
only one surprised by the major changes made under the label of
such a minor epoch.