Re: Feaping Creature-ism in core Debian Packages

According to Dale Scheetz:
> The fact that the next version of perl-base may have changes in
> grammar, breaking existing perl scripts.

... is not a "fact" at all, just a gratuitous insult to the Perl
maintainers.

We take backwards compatibility VERY seriously.  In fact, some
would-be 'innovators' are so tired of our harping on compatibility
that they call us the "compatibility police", a title we now wear
proudly.

  <bullhorn>
  PUT DOWN THE KEYBOARD AND BACK AWAY SLOWLY.
  </bullhorn>

> The fact that features may move into and then back out of this
> package also makes that "clear-cut" boundary you speak of less well
> defined.

And monkeys "may" fly out of my butt.

I suggest you find something else to obsess about.
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."