Re: Release-critical Bugreport for September 3, 1999

On Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 11:10:22PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > Total number of release-critical bugs: 243
> Can we clarify the meaning of "release-critical"?

``If this bug is not fixed, then the package will be removed from the
  distribution before release. If the package can't reasonably be removed,
  the release will be delayed.''

Fixing release critical bugs in packages like bash is an exercise in
getting the release out on time, in packages like bplay, it's an effort
to keep the package in the distribution.

Cheers,
aj

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds