Re: Feaping Creature-ism in core Debian Packages

> > I wouldn't say `a package shouldn't rely on its docs being present',
> > but rather `executables shouldn't rely on docs being present'.
>
> I see your point,

Okay, that's all I wanted to point out; that we have to be
careful on the wording of these things.

> OTOH, a program that needs a template to produce its output, or an icon
> or any other sort of similar resource, should not store those items under
> /usr/share/doc.

I fully agree.

> It may be one of those "I know it when I see it" sort of things.
> Maybe the best we can do is give a few examples, and have people
> classify there stuff against those.

Sounds goood to me too.
>                                     I'd like to believe that that
> people wouldn't argue over it ("Hey, those icons really should be in
> /usr/share/icons/foobar, not /usr/share/doc/foobar." "Oh yeah, you're
> right.")

I'd like to believe that too.  Most people are reasonable,
sometimes it's the old few that suck up all the time.

Peter