Re: mtools

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 07:13:58AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> > How comes mtools depend on xlib6g? I don't use X, and thus I consider it

floppyd is linked against xlib6g-

> If something supports X it should be compiled with X.  This means exactly
> two packages (xlib6g and xfree86-common) are also required, but they're

I beg to disagree. If the binary in question is not essantial for the
package there should not be a Depends: but only a Suggest: or Recommends:

And I think this certainly is the case with mtools. After all the only
binary linked against xlib6g is a daemon that usually is not started at all.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!