Re: Swap setup on Debian

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Staffan Hamala wrote:

> I've noticed when installing Debian that the installer always shrinks
> my swap partition to 128MB, so I have to do a swapoff;mkswap -v1 ..;swapon
> manually afterwards. Also, the message that it has done this is easily

As an aside to this, I use two 64MB swap partitions in my system so it
will interleave the data between the two hd's.  As far as I could tell,
the installer can only setup one swap partition.  The option to setup more
than one swap partition and also possibly set their priority (to the same
thing, in my case) at install time would be useful for me.

Laters,

Rick (rick@chillin.org)
http://rick.chillin.org

"As long as you want to live, everywhere will become heaven.
Isn't that right?  Because you are still alive.
The chance to achieve happiness, you can find it anywhere."
Yui Ikari
Neon Genesis Evangelion, "The End Of Evangelion"