Re: A simple question about unstable

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 04:11:08PM -0400, Bill White was heard to say:
> Is it possible to upgrade from slink to potato using a 56k modem connection?
> If it takes 650Mb to upgrade everything it is not possible.  If it is,
> my problems are solved, of course.
>
> Thanks.

  If you pay for bandwidth/time it might not be.  I believe that several
computers I upgraded recently downloaded about 100MB of packages.  (actually,
I downloaded it to one and then copied them around on a local network)  That
was on a 28k connection, but we weren't being charged per minute or per
megabyte so I just let it run overnight.  That might not work for you.

  Daniel

--
"...vicious Actions are not hurtful because they are forbidden, but forbidden
 because they are Hurtful, the Nature of Man alone consider'd"