Re: Uninstallable Packages

/*
 *Cc to Andrew who really should have gotten an update on things
 * before now...
 */

On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 01:41:34PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> Filip> IMO there's yet another issue to consider (which brings another
> Filip> complication with it): there may be people who will want both
> Filip> mesa and glx, if they own a Riva or Matrox + Voodoo* add-on
> Filip> board.
>
> /me waves his hand.
>
> Matrox G200 and Vodoo Graphics.
>
> BTW: is there a mesa deb with glide support somewhere?

Not until I make one.  I've gotta get to a @$@#! post office and mail this
package to 3Dfx (slink and some documentation) because every place I
_THOUGHT_ could mail it so far has told me they don't do that.  Argh.

I have a libglide2-v2 package made and as soon as I get the license mess
straightened out (glide will unfortunately remain non-free) I'll package
-vg, -v3, and -vr versions.  I'm still working out what I'll do with
libglide-dev, but that's an issue on MY end that has to be resolved before
I can build glide-using packages.  I just haven't had enough time to
devote to really pick apart their rpm to build a debian/ tree for it yet.

Once that's all done I'll put a glide-using mesa in non-free--I'm
confident that I can still get all this done before freeze (pending of
course that I can get to the aforementioned post office this century..)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>             Debian GNU/Linux developer
GnuPG: 2048g/3F9C2A43 - 20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3

<Knghtbrd> Mercury - sounds like fun