Re: lintian support in dinstall

Raul Miller <raul@usatoday.com> writes:

> Here's a patch which should provide lintian support in dinstall.
> It's untested, but syntactically valid, and it seems to be doing the
> right things.
>
> Of course, lintian needs to be in $PATH for this to work.  This patch
> doesn't check for that.  [My preferred sanity check would be to run
> lintian against a known-good package and check the return code.  But I
> don't know what an appropriate choice would be for that reference package,
> and don't know where it should be stored.]
>
> If there's any problems with this, let me know.

I object rejecting uploads just because of a lintian error.  lintian
is an excellent tool, but not perfect.  I know exceptions can be added
to lintian, but IMHO it will be inconvenient (especially to the
lintian maintainer).

But I think a few lintian errors, like ancient-standards-version, can
be used as the reason of rejecting.

--
Changwoo Ryu