Re: lintian support in dinstall

On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 08:24:13AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> Can you provide an example of a case where a package should be installed
> despite a lintian error?

A package which I maintain has

E: libtom1: shlib-with-non-pic-code usr/lib/libtrt.so.1.0.0

Neither I nor upstream knows enough about what's going on there, it's
probably some hand-written assembler that's at fault.

Given that Linux still functions correctly when given non-pic code to
share (it does copy-on-write) and the fact that this affects probably
one memory page, I'd be annoyed if this would prevent me from uploading
my package.

Still it's good that lintian warns me, but I'd like to have the final
say.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed