Re: lintian support in dinstall

On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 07:10:02PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> * "MB" == Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
>
> MB> And Raul, a side note. Connectivity is expensive here. Reuploading
> MB> a big package costs real money. Think about it.
>
> This is not a valid objection. You can do the lintian check before you
> upload.

Uh, I do this already. But as a more general objection, who guarantees that:

a) policy is always up to date with the decisions on debian-policy?
b) lintian is up to date with policy?
c) lintian is up to date with overrides and lintian bugs?
d) master is up to date with lintian?

As long as this is not guaranteed (and it isn't, neither of them), I think
it is a terrible bad idea.

I still think it is a bad idea if the abive are true. We should not reject
the work of volunteers just because it is not Perfect (TM).

Thanks,
Marcus