Re: How about some uniformity in doc names

At 23:47 +0200 1999-10-11, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
Maybe should the policy told about libraries, too?
The common naming scheme is 'lib*', but there are 'xlib6g' and 'zlib1g'
which broke this convention.

policy already knows about libraries, the two packages you cite are examples of packages named wrongly, but it is currently not possible to smoothly rename them due to the lack of versioned provides in dpkg.

As zlib maintainer, I have developed a plan to phase in 'libz1' over time, I have figured out how to do it without versioned provides.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>