Re: Which section to place Fidonet software in?

peter karlsson <pk@mds.mdh.se> wrote:

> I am Debianizing a Fidonet program that I have written (to be
> uploaded to Debian by a friend of mine who is a registered
> developer, since applications are currently closed), but I'm
> uncertain in which category Fidonet software should be places.

I would differentiate between the mail part of the communications part
of Fidonet. So a gateway program or a fido reader should be located in
mail (or news for echomail) while the fido mailer should be located in
comm or maybe net (for mailers which only work over IP like binkd).

> "mail" seems like the closest choice (that's where binkd resides),
> but I thought I'd check.

I think that binkd should be located in comm or net.
Here's a little summary of fido software:

ifcico-em       comm
ifgate          comm (IMHO this should be mail)
ifcico          comm
fidogate        mail
binkd           mail (IMHO this should be comm or net)
ifmail          mail

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--
 * roland@spinnaker.de * http://www.spinnaker.de/ *
PGP (RSA): 1024R/DD08DD6D   2D E7 CC DE D5 8D 78 BE   3C A0 A4 F1 4B 09 CE AF