Re: [OT] Good c++ book

Unidentified Flying Banana, code named Jaldhar H. Vyas, wrote:
On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Go buy a good C++ book, as the saying goes :-)

So, any recommendations for a reference that covers ANSI/ISO standard c++?
All I've seen is the usual Herb Schildt,
recycled-the-same-book-for-the-51st-time-with-a-different-cover crap.

I don't know of a specific book, however I do have a suggestion. An excellent resource available is the MacMillan Computer Publishing Personal Bookshelf site. Once you register (don't worry, it's free, although you are required to be on their once a month spam list) you will be given access to around 200 computer related books online, full text. For free. The site is at http://www.mcp.com/personal (or, http://www.pbs.mcp.com, and I believe it will soon be moved to: http://www.informit.com/.).

A pretty big chunk of the books are C++ oriented, I'm sure you can find some decent ones there.

Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>

---
#include <disclaimer.h>
 * Christopher Cashell    topher@tconl.com
 * StarThorn @ IRC        DALnet / SorceryNet
 * Soon found at:         http://www.zyp.org
 * Lord of Nothing, but Master of All......the King of Fools.
 */