Re: HOWTO: making a package which compiles fine on slink and potato

On Thursday 14 October 1999, at 9 h 45, the keyboard of Joel Klecker
<jk@espy.org> wrote:

> /usr/share/lib is not FHS conformant, architecture independant data
> either goes in /usr/share/<package> or a single data file can be
> placed in /usr/share/misc.

OK. I have the problem with the 'xt' package. Its data files (which are
arch-independent) should be installed in /usr/share/xt? Each package have to
create a subdirectory of /usr/share directly? It looks ugly.