Re: [OT] Good c++ book

"Jaldhar H. Vyas" wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>
> > Go buy a good C++ book, as the saying goes :-)
> >

> So, any recommendations for a reference that covers ANSI/ISO standard c++?
> All I've seen is the usual Herb Schildt,
> recycled-the-same-book-for-the-51st-time-with-a-different-cover crap.

I've got a copy of The Complete Reference: C++ Third Edition here by Herbert
Schildt (ISBN: 0-07-882476-1). It covers ANSI Standard C and C++ and has a
very well done section on STL.

The examples are well written and understandable and the text itself is very
well done. I would recommend it to anyone who has previous C or C++
experience.

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson     : http://jordy.wserv.com