Re: lesstif: what's the story

On Sat, Oct 16, 1999 at 11:02:44PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> > As the maintainer of one of the packages affected by this, I am thoroughly
> > unamused by the lack of advance warning for this change.
>
> Sorry, I should've warned all the lesstif app maintainers about this.
>
> I had hoped that keeping lesstifg around would lessen the pain a bit, but
> obviously since they conflict with each other, we still need a complete
> upgrade.  Anyway, I've now informed all lesstif maintainers about this issue
> and have asked them to recompile their packages with lesstif-dev.

[on a mostly slink system]
$ apt-cache showpkg lesstifg | grep ^"  " | cut -d, -f1 | sort | uniq | wc -l
     40

Are you sure we have time to recompile all these before the freeze, if it's
going to happen on November 1st?

Exactly how many of the other distributions use new lesstif?

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name