Re: Next Release?

On Sun, Oct 17, 1999 at 02:37:30PM -0400, Brian White wrote:
> Would somebody be so kind as to fill me in on the status of the next
> release of Debian?  Thanks.

We have a tentative freeze date around start of November, conditional
to eg. the availability of working boot floppies.  (First potato boot
floppies have been released, so we have a chance.)

The plan is to have a very short freeze (around one month).  This is
why the freeze date is conditional; it is useless to freeze if we know
we can't make it.

                                  ""
                             (John Cage)