Re: perhaps sort by priority?

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Michael Stone wrote:

 : On Mon, Oct 18, 1999 at 06:36:18PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
 : > I recently tried to create a mirror of main on a 2GB disk, because I'm
 : > sharing an apartment with several other people who use Debian, so it
 : > would be nice to have a fast archive site.  However, even just
 : > unstable/main/binary-i386 filled up the entire 2GB.  That's insane.
 :
 : Maybe mirros are the wrong idea, and people should be creating squid
 : proxies?

As a mirror maintainer, when I first read your message I thought "This
guy must be crazy."  Then I re-read your message ... I like the idea
quite a lot.  However, I've only configured squid once in my life ...
have you any suggestions as to what's needed (mostly hardware-wise, I
guess, though any other helpful hints would be nice :)

Squid supports the proxy protocol AFAIK ... could this be leveraged by a
mirror site that wishes to support several proxy sites running squid?

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD